How to configure Access Control on the MERCUSYS Wireless AC Router?
1. Access the web management page. If you are not sure about how to do this, please click
How to log into the web-based interface of the MERCUSYS Wireless AC Router?
2. Under Advanced configuration, go to Network Control→Access Control, and then you can configure the access control in the screen.
To add a new rule, follow the steps below.
1. Toggle on to enable Access Control.
2. Select Whitelist or Blacklist.
3. Click Add and enter a brief description for the rule.
4. Click Configure in the Hosts Under Control column to add a host, then click Apply.
Host Description - In this field, create a unique description for the host.
Mode - Here are two options, IP Address and MAC Address. You can select either of them from the drop-down list.
If the IP Address is selected, you can see the following item:
IP Address Range - Enter the IP address or address range of the host in dotted-decimal format (e.g. 192.168.0.23).
If the MAC Address is selected, you can see the following item:
MAC Address - Enter the MAC address of the host in XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX format (e.g. 00-11-22-33-44-AA).
5. Click Configure in the Target column, you can select Any Target, or select Add to add a new target. Then click Apply.
Description - In this field, create a description for the target. Note that this description should be unique.
Mode - Here are two options, IP Address and Website Domain. You can choose either of them from the drop-down list.
If the IP Address is selected, you will see the following items:
IP Address Range - Enter the IP address (or address range) of the target (targets) in dotted-decimal format.
Common Service - Here lists some common service ports. Select one from the drop-down list, and the corresponding port number will be filled in the Port field automatically. For example, if you select HTTP, 80 will be filled in the Port field automatically.
Port - Specify the port or port range for the target. For some common service ports, you can make use of the Common Service item above.
Protocol - Here are three options, All, TCP and UDP. Select one of them from the drop-down list for the target.
If the Website Domain is selected, you will see the following items:
Domain Name - Here you can enter 4 domain names, either the full name or the keywords (for example, Mercusys). Any domain name with keywords in it (www.mercusys.com) will be blocked or allowed.
6. Click Configure in the Schedule column, you can select Any Time, or select Add to add a new schedule. Then click Apply.
Description - In this field, create a description for the schedule. Note that this description should be unique.
Time - Click and drag across the cells to set the effective time periods.
7. Click Save to complete the settings.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Support Center to download the manual of your product.